Apex Core Wedge Gel-Foam Cushion
The APEX CORE™ Wedge Gel-Foam Cushion, for patients that are inclined to slide forward, combines a firm core foundation that eliminates hammocking with the superlative APEX™ innovative design that chambers the gel-pod closer to the top of the cushion providing a cooler interface between the patient and wheelchair. Internal dual gel chamber evenly maintains gel in the area of the highest pressure, preventing skin breakdown. A high-performance stretch cover, improves moisture evaporation and enhances the APEX™ design features.
RECOMMENDED USE: Patients at risk for pressure ulcers, requiring posture support and/or inclined to slide forward.
• Wedge design helps prevent forward sliding.
• Firm CORE Foundation: High density beveled polyethylene provides a firm foundation that eliminates hammocking.
• Innovative APEX™ Design Cools and Reduces Body Interface Pressure: Dual density foam layers provides a soft top entry layer promoting direct interface with cooling gel-pod and a higher density base layer for support and pressure distribution. This top-design brings the gel-pod up close so you can feel the superior comfort and stability.
• Breathable Stretch Removable Cover: High performance pressure reducing fabric promotes healing via active evaporation of moisture and cooling at patient pressure points. Antimicrobial, water-resistant and mildew-resistant.
• Aqueous Dual Gel-Pod: Dual chamber gel-pod reduces gel migration.
• Slip resistant bottom with easy to attach quick-release straps keep cushion in place.
• Meets CA 117-2013 standards.